Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER !!!

This incident that I am going to share with you guys certainly left a HUGE impact in my life...one that changed my perception and how I look and judge people...

It was a pretty crazy and hectic day for me today...right after a three hour long lecture I was practically running towards the station hoping that I would be able to catch the 5:03p.M train back home...unfortunately, I was late by a few seconds as I watched the train leave just as I arrived at the platform...the thought of having to wait for half-an-hour for the next train was extremely frustrating...Having no other options but to wait for the next train...I sat and waited...and waited...and waited...tik-tok-tik-tok...it felt like the longest half an hour of my LIFE...

Until...

This guy caught my attention...he was HUGE !!! in his mid 20’s I would say...he was veryyyy tall and very well built and muscular...If he was green in colour one will not be able to tell the difference from him and Hulk...hehehehe :P ok k...that was an exaggeration...but the point is...he was a really huge guy...or at least...definitely bigger than the average Asian men...He walked towards me ( well at that moment it felt like he was charging towards me...and I have to admit...I felt rather intimidated – which is extreamlyyyy rare ) and sat right beside me...

Being the talkative, friendly person that I am...I decided to talk to him since I was bored and alone...but looking at him - he was so serious and had this stern look on his face...as he looked at his phone as if he was going to crush it...I don’t think he even blinked...I changed my mind and decided to keep my mouth shut and mind my own business...hehehe * winks ( which I have to say was the smartest decision I have made to date...you will know exactly why in a bit )

After awhile, the train arrived and we happened to get into the SAME DECK!!! As usual...at that pick hour...hoping to get a place to sit would be just as good as hoping to win a MILLION DOLLARS in lottery...and so, I stood right at the back...now, guess who was standing right beside me...

SURPISE !! SURPRISE !! You got it...that ‘HULK’ dude I met earlier at the platform... sometimes I think God simply has a jolly good time making my life look like a sitcom :S

I felt like I was going through detention....Oh No...Far worse...it was as if I was in an interrogation room with this officer standing right beside me...making sure I behave...haixzzzz...trying to make the best of the journey...I decided to enjoy the view since I happened to be standing right beside the window...the same view which I have been looking at for the past two years :P

Just when I thought things could not possibly get any ‘better’...I heard this rather....ummmm...how shall I put it...Funny voice...more like Unique actually....OOOOOK...I was just trying to be nice...hehehehe...honestly...it was like a quiet chatter...a sharp squeaking voice...it sounded like a MICE if it could talk...I have never heard anyone with such a peculiar voice...and so I turned around in the hope that I would be able to have a good look at this person...

Little did I know...it was the guy who was standing beside me....YES !!! THE ‘HULK’ DUDE !!! My mouth fell and my eyes was as big as two golf balls...and it almost popped out...I could not believe my ears...I was in a complete state of SHOCK !!! and when I came out of that state...I immediately turned 360 degrees...facing the window...I closed my mouth trying my best not to burst out laughing...I even started crying because I could not control myself anymore...my body was shaking as if I was getting electricuted...trust me when I say that nothing can be more torturous then that :D

Luckily, his conversation on his phone did not last too long...I don’t think I would have been to control myself...hehehe :P

Can you imagine what would have happened if I has a conversation with him...How am I supposed to look him in the eyes and talk to him when he is talking (in his case squeaking) ??!! Unless I’m partially deaf... then that would be a different issue...fortunately or unfortunately I’m not...

I don’t mean to be discriminative or insensitive...but when he sounded completely different from the way he looks...I just couldn’t control myself...

And so, I learnt a very veryyyyy valuable lesson today : NEVER EVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER !!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment