Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saved By My Indian Roots :P

It was a very lazy Monday afternoon...it was extremely hot and humid that day...not the kinda day one would intend to attend lectures...gosh...Whatever happened to the idea of having some cold lemonade and just chilling indoors ??!! a trip to the movies would be nice too...hehehe...bluek :P ok k...coming back to reality !!! I somehow managed to drag myself into my favourite jeans and a casual T...grabbed my shades and shoes...and I was off to the train station...

The KTM is my regular mode of transportation to college...although its an hour looooong journey...I actually enjoy it...if I don’t bump into a friend along the way...I’d just make a new one...OK!!! I’m not encouraging anyone to do that but its fun talking to random strangers...REALLY!!! I mean by the time I reach my destination...we would know almost EVERYTHING about one another...hehehe :) I’ve actually bumped into a fair number of strangers in this period of one year...

NOTE: my parents NEVER allowed me to use the public transportation till I was 20!!! Well...I guess its cause they knew I would be doing crazy things like talking to strangers...hehehe :p

Anyway...I must have just missed the train because the train station was deserted...no one was in sight...NOT even the KTM staffs...I guess it was because it was lunch time for them...I could literally hear the sound of the wind...n I didn’t like that...it was creepy...to keep my mind off things I took out my earphones and enjoyed the company of my MP3 player... :p

After some time... this young man...in his early 20’s I would say...was walking into the station...gosh...he was all TALL & HANDSOME...he REALLY was!!! I mean...here we were...in a deserted station...and I had the company of this handsome young man...WHAT MORE COULD I ASK FOR??!! Hahaha :D

Without much hesitance...I took off my earphones and asked him where he was heading to...WHAT A COINSIDANCE!!! We were heading to the SAME DESTINATION!!! I thought it was more like DESTINY!!! :p we ended up travelling together that day...and I was soooo excited about the hour looooong journey ahead of us...hahaha

It was a very INTERESTING journey indeed...because it wasn’t long before we were talking about ourselves...our likes and dislikes...hobbies...family etc, etc...Of cause...as we were talking I was actually thinking...gosh...u’r such a good looking young chap... :P the shades were a great cover up...and so it wasn’t too obvious that I was looking at him...hehehe [wink!!]

An hour really would seem like 10 minutes when you are having a good time...and the next thing I realised...we were only 5 minutes away from our destination...haizzz...

Just as I was enjoying our last moments of conversation...

I HAD THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE!!!! LIKE LITERALLY!!! you wouldn’t believe what caught my attention...I COULDN’T BELIEVE IT MYSELF !!! I WAS IN COMPLETE DISBELIEF!!! REALLY!!!

HE WAS PICKING HIS NOSE WITH HIS FINGER!!!! EEEEEEEEWWWWW !!!! YUCKS!!! WHAT A TURN OFF !!!

I mean...my eyes were WIDE OPEN when I saw him do that...once AGAIN !!! my shades were a great cover up :P

The only thing that I wanted to do at that moment was to GET OFF THE TRAIN before my face betrayed me...I have this ability of showing pretty good facial expressions you see...one would know EXACTLY what I’m thinking about by my facial expression... :) and the last thing I wanted him to see was my DISGUSTED LOOK !!!

Gosh...just the thought of it now just makes me feel sick...now I HAVEN’T even told you the WORST PART!!

WE FINALLY REACHED OUR DESTINATION and we got out...I think I was practically running towards the exit... :p so anyway...we reached the gate and I was thinking to myself...ok...we’ll say bye and go our separate ways...but I guess I missed out one part...

Just as we passed the gate...he said BYE and then he held out HIS HAND for a HANDSHAKE!!!

The SAME HAND THAT HE USED TO PICK HIS NOSE!!! EEEEEEWWWW...I PANICKED!!! LIKE BIG TIME!!! I mean...I couldn’t just walk away because it would be soooo rude and at the same time THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO SHAKE HIS HAND!!! NO WAY!!!

And then...I just did the only thing that came to my mind...I put my hands together and said bye the INDIAN WAY!!! Hahaha...god bless my ROOTS!!!:P

Before he could say anything...I said bye and left...hahaha...I'm sure he didn't see that comin...I know I didn't :p

As I'm writing about my experience...I’m thinking to myself...WHERE THE HELL DID I GET THAT FROM??!! Hahahahahaha...at times I amaze myself with such brilliant ideas :p
but then again...I have to admit...my Indian roots were of great help that day :D

7 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaahhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaah

    -vinod mogan-

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahhahahahaha.......duno wat to say :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur indian roots were a help only on dat day?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARE YOU SURE HE WAS NOT DEAF OR ANYTHING????

    ReplyDelete
  5. noooo he wasnt !!! we were having a pretty good conversation throughout d one hour journey k...until...you know what he did !!! :P

    ReplyDelete